Here is another makeup tutorial I did on a sultry brown winged liner with a pop of color. This is great to jazz up your makeup routine, also great for girls with glasses. Here is how the final look turned out. Hope you guys like it!
List of products used:
L’oreal Infalliable Foundation – Natural Rose
Kryolan Derma Color – D4
Inglot Pressed Powder
Maybelline E/s Quad “Chai Latte” used Matte Taupe Color
Beauty Uk E/s Palette 02 Soho used Navy Color
L’oreal Gel Intenza Eye Liner- Chic Brown
L’oreal Lash Architect 4D Mascara
MAC Cream Color Base- Hush
Thanks for watching! Please rate, comment & subscribe!
I am constantly talking to my girlfriends about what an investment beauty products are. If you’re a product junkie like me, your beauty budget can closely rival what you spend on new clothes. So whether it’s my wardrobe or makeup supply, I really want to make sure that I protect my investment.
Here are a few of my favorite ways to make my makeup last:
1. Build a Better Makeup Bag
At times, I look through my stash and find no fewer than a dozen variations of the exact same lip shade. None of these products get used consistently and they mostly end up expiring before I can even scratch the surface. I’ve learned that by better editing my purchase decisions, I can make sure that I have a variety of products that I use more frequently – and I’m more likely to use them to the very last drop.
2.Clean your Brushes
Not only are makeup brushes expensive, but they also touch all of your makeup. By keeping them clean, not only are you extending their life, but also the life of your products. Keeping powders and blushes free and clear of oils and bacteria that tend to break them down will help them live a longer life.
3. Keep it Pretty
You will never find my hard earned makeup knocking around in a vanity drawer or at the bottom of my purse. Oh, the horror! I’m careful to keep my beauty treasures tucked inside of pouches when I’m on the go or on a tray sitting on my vanity at home. This way, there’s far less chance that they will crack or explode, wasting precious product.
4. Scrape the Bottom
I recently discovered these little spatulas that you can use to actually scrape the bottom of your makeup bottles to get to the very end of them. I’ve also been known to use them after cutting open tubes of concealer and lip glossto collect one final application. Brilliant!
5. Portion Control
It may go without saying, but using only what you need can really make your makeup last. I found that I was always left with unneeded foundation or extra moisturizer after applying, so I downsized my dose and I’m wasting less. Making other small changes like not spraying my fragrance into the air and walking through it has also helped!
These tricks have definitely helped me to stretch my beauty dollar, but I’m dying to know: how do you make your makeup last?
It’s been raining quiet a bit in Delhi these days, and I just feel blissful even though I am stuck in office and have to watch it through a giant glass window from my cabin. Anywho, enough of me mourning, is there anyone else who finds their makeup looking crappy half-way through the day, on those rainy-humid days? Well, I was definitely one of those people until a few weeks ago. When the weather started changing in Delhi, and it started to rain, my crappy-looking makeup at the lunch hour got me thinking *what am I doing wrong?*, then it hit me, *I need to make a few changes in my makeup routine* If we can have a summer-makeup routine or fall-makeup routine, then why not a monsoon-makeup routine?
So here are a few of my tips and tricks for fresh & glowy rainy-day face (learnt after looking like a makeup disaster for almost a week), from personal experience:
- Use less/lighter foundation: this I guess is the most important step. You can have fabulous eye makeup and lips but still have a cakey, oily-from-humidity face. I’ve been there nobody likes a cakey face (except for if it’s your birthday and your friends smear the cake all over your face). Try using a lighter foundation, probably a one with a lighter-to-sheer coverage. However, I prefer using a BB cream, cos it’s lighter formula and doubles-up as a moisturizer. Try the Deborah Milano BB cream ( Rs 350/-), it’s great for oily-combination skin.
- Waterproof Mascara: Rainy days scream for waterproof mascara. Don’t even think about using a regular mascara if you see a cloud in the sky, even thinking about should be illegal by the way. 🙂 Pop on some waterproof mascara and skip your liner, a few coats and you are good to go! May I suggest the L’oreal 4D Lash Architect Mascara (Rs 735/-).
- Cream Blushes: Creamy products reflect water and do not get cakey on an oily face. Cream blushes are a good option and they keep you looking glowy and youthful. My fave is the NYX rouge cream blush (Rs 650/-).
- Matte no transfer lip tints or balms: These lip stains or tints are a girl’s best friends. They stay on the entire day, they don’t budge and they look more natural. Pop some on in a bold color to brighten up those gloomy days. I love the Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stains (Rs 600/-).
Share some of your makeup tricks & tips for rainy days below, I would love to read them.